If you have been in a motorcycle accident, the pain and suffering can last a lifetime. Even if you manage to recover quickly, when an accident is caused by someone else’s negligence, you have a right to seek compensation for your injuries. The question ” do i need an attorney after an accident? “always plays in your head after a crash. Read our injury guide here. A motorcycle accident attorney St. Petersburg victims seek is there to help when you are ready to file a personal injury lawsuit. The team at Growney, McKeown & Barber, P.A. are here to help win your case and get the compensation you deserve.
Why File a Personal Injury Lawsuit Following a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating keeping you from working, causing pain, and suffering and leading to expensive medical bills. When you are injured through no fault of your own, you have a right to compensation for your pain and suffering as well as to cover your costs and lost wages. If you have suffered life-altering injuries, you are also eligible for the money you need to continue to lead the best quality of life possible.
Read Our Blog: Personal Injury Attorney: When You Need One
How Much Money Can I Get Following My Motorcycle Accident?
Each case is different based on the cause, types of injury, your odds for complete recovery, lost wages and all costs associated with your accident from medical bills to crutches or mobility equipment. In general, we assess your damages and review your medical records, police records, statements, and other evidence, such as your mental state. From there, we will provide an estimated case value, so you understand what to expect.
What are Damages for a Motorcycle Accident?
Your motorcycle accident attorney in St. Petersburg will seek compensation for the damages suffered due to your injuries. Damages refer to any harm you suffered that added to your financial burden. We would seek damages that include:
- Medical bills to cover all medical expenses
- For brain and spinal cord injuries that are life-altering, we seek special considerations for ongoing care and financial support
- Lost wages during the time of your recovery including the time to visit the doctor, hospitalization, or the inability to work
- Pain and suffering based on the severity of your injuries and how it affects your life
- Emotional distress that negatively impacts your mental and emotional state
- Wrongful death claims should a passenger be killed due to the accident (you can also sue for wrongful death if you lose a loved one due to a motorcycle accident)
- Loss of consortium relates to injuries that make it impossible to have a complete relationship with your spouse or partner including intimacy and loss of companionship
- Punitive damages can be awarded if you can prove that the actions of the person responsible for your injury were extremely irresponsible or even purposeful.
All these things are assessed so we can get the best possible settlement for you.
How Can I Win My Case?
For the most part, your medical records will be the main factor when seeking damages. You should provide:
- Clinical visits
- Hospital stays
- Photos and videos of your injuries
- A record of your symptoms
- Photos and videos at the time of the accident or from the accident scene
- Police records
- Witness testimony
The more records you can present as proof, the more likely you are to receive a very fair settlement.
What Does a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg Do?
Our fight to get you the compensation you deserve includes:
- Assessing the seriousness of your injuries and the negligence of the person who caused them
- Investigating the scene of the accident
- Questioning witnesses
- Requesting documentation to support your case
- Speaking to medical experts who can support your case
- Reviewing documents, photos, and videos to find the best proof
- Arranging to reconstruct the scene of the accident
We will then prepare your case and present it to the defendant’s attorney. We will try to negotiate a settlement or represent you in court if the settlement offer is too low.
What is Settlement?
Once your case is prepared, we will send a “demand letter” to the defendant outlining why we are suing and for how much. At this point, you might get a personal injury settlement which means the defendant agrees to pay an acceptable amount of money. This means you will not need to go to court. We will negotiate on your behalf to get the best settlement possible. If we do not come to an agreement, we take the case to court. If you or a loved one was injured in a automobile accident or motorcycle accident we are the motorcycle accident attorney St. Petersburg trusts. To learn more about our firm, or to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in St. Petersburg to review your case, visit our contact us page or give us a call today at (727) 384-3800.